Your Pentair IC40 might encounter some problems that will make it less efficient. When this happens, follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve possible Pentair IC40 problems and have an efficient device.
Note: Ensure that you switch off the power before you attempt to troubleshoot your device. Also, unplug the Pentair IC40 from the power source. It is also advisable to get the best robotic pool cleaner for above ground pools.
Possible Pentair IC40 Problems, Causes, and Solutions
Intellichlor IC40 troubleshooting will identify all the possible problems with your device.
Low or no Chlorine
There are a lot of issues that can lead to this problem. They include
- Low stabilizer level in your pool.
- Insufficient operating hours of Pentair IC40.
- Sanitizer output being set off or too low.
- Recent increase in temperature without increasing the IC40 sanitizer output.
- Temporary loss of chlorine because of heavy rain, pets using the pool, or recent party.
- Low salt level in your pool.
- High phosphate and nitrate level.
- Metals being present in your pool.
- Fresh water in the pool for a new
- Dirty or clogged cell.
The possible solutions to these issues include:
- For problem 1, Add cyanuric acid in your outdoor swimming pool to maintain a 30-50 ppm.
- For problem 2, Increase the Pentair operating time.
- For problem 3 and 4, Increase the sanitizer output level by pressing the “more” button on your Pentair IC40.
- For problem 5, Set “boost” mode and leave it to operate for 24 hours.
- For problem 6, observe the salt display lights.
- For problem 7 and 8, contact a professional to help you.
- For problem 9, super chlorinate your pool.
- For problem 10, remove the cell, inspect it, and clean it if necessary.
Pentair IC40 Doesn’t Have Power
Here there are three main issues:
- The fuse in the power center might be open.
- There might be no AC power in the power
- The transformer leads might not be wired correctly in the power center.
The solutions will include:
- Replace the fuse in the power center.
- Check whether the time clock is providing power to the center when activated.
- Check whether the transformer leads are wired correctly and follow the user’s manual.
Other problems that might require trouble shooting include:
- Red low salt light is on – This means that your pool needs salt since there is no chlorine being produced. The solution is to add salt.
- Red low salt light is on and green light is flashing – The salt level is low. Check the salt level and add accordingly.
- Red check salt light is on – There is insufficient salt in your pool due to leaks or heavy rainfall. Add salt to hit the 3600 ppm.
- Green good salt light is flashing – There is excess salt in your pool. Drain some water and then refill with fresh water.
- Cold water light is red – Your pool water is below 52 degrees F. Ensure it gets about that level.
- Cell light doesn’t come on – Check salt level and add if needed.
- Flow light is red – The filter might be dirty. There might be closed valves. The pump might not be efficient. Check the problem and solve accordingly.
When you know which above ground pool to buy, you should also ensure that you get the Pentair IC40. From there, you will have an easy time with your pool especially if you can identify all the Pentair IC40 problems and solve them.